1. Africa’s largest reserves of crude oil, formerly a source of wealth redistribution in Libya and in neighboring African countries, have been divvied up amongst a selection of multinational oil corporations loyal to the NATO agenda. Libya’s Central Bank and its hundreds of billions of dollars in assets has been plundered and dismantled, and a private banking cartel has been installed in its place to run the country’s finances.
2. "And the Canadian Government wants to celebrate this achievement?" questions Canadian author and longtime Toronto peace activist Barrie Zwicker. Since 2006, Zwicker argues, Canada’s military arm has been transformed from peacekeeping to waging war, training others for war and preparing for war.
3. "The Harper Government has not only involved Canada in multiple theatres of war, from Afghanistan to Libya, but is actively engaging in advanced military planning to bring war to two more countries and its peoples: namely Syria and Iran."
4. Tens of billions of dollars from Canada’s public coffers are now being directed annually to finance NATO’s war machine.
5. Moncton-based environmentalist and former United Nations staff member Daniel LeBlanc, who experienced the devastations of war first-hand and worked alongside Canadian peacekeepers during his assignments in Iraq, Cambodia and Uganda (Rwanda War) in the 1990’s, believes that Canada’s reputation as a peaceful nation in the world has been completely shattered.
6. "There is no honour in bombing and destroying nations, communities, and families," LeBlanc states.
taken from globalresearch.cc