1. "America’s “democracy promotion” is simply a rhetorical mechanism within which hegemonic ambitions are couched. US State Department fronts, including Freedom House and the National Endowment for Democracy have their boards of directors full of Neo-Conservative warmongers and representatives of corporate-financier interests. They use issues of “democracy” and “human rights” to dress up naked military aggression and global corporate-financier expansion.
2. Despite a concerted effort by Western media houses to portray Libya as in the hands of progressive democratic secularists, the country was intentionally handed over to extremists to serve as a base of militancy to destabilize and destroy targets of Western interest around the word.
3. The men (John) McCain was defending were Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG) militants, terrorists linked directly with Al Qaeda according to West Point reports (.pdf), and listed to this day by the US State Department, the UK Home Office (.pdf), and the UN as a “foreign terrorist organization.”
4. These same terrorists are now not only the defacto rulers of much of Libya, but are leading death squads in Syria .
5.Starting in March 2011, US President Barack Obama appointed Christopher Stevens as “Special Representative to the Libyan Transitional National Council,” and sent him to Benghazi to coordinate US military, diplomatic, and financial support to a “counter government” constituted from Cyrenaica’s Al Qaeda terror battalions and a cadre of US-educated, politically cultivated proxies across the “National Transitional Council” (NTC).
6. Eventually, Stevens’ mission would become a success. NATO-backed terrorists overran the Libyan government, overthrowing it in Tripoli.
7. He played a leading role in coordinating the violent subversion of Libya by listed terrorist organizations before being named “US Ambassador” to Libya.
8. Recent attacks on US embassies were designed to give “street credit” to sectarian extremists who are increasingly seen internationally as mercenary proxies of US-Saudi-Israeli foreign policy – Stevens’ death was most likely an accident.
9. In all likelihood, those behind the attacks on the embassies intended the violence to be limited in scope, and without any high-profile deaths – designed simply to lend sorely lacking legitimacy to America’s growing list of client-states. Ambassador Stevens apparently was caught in smoke while escaping from the US consulate in Benghazi, and died of asphyxiation – a victim of unforeseen circumstances, not the victim of a targeted assassination.