1. “Suara Rakyat Malaysia (Suaram) has received almost RM100 million of funds from overseas since 1998, to finance its operational expenditures, alleged Jaringan Melayu Malaysia (JMM) .
2. Its president Azwanddin Hamzah claimed that almost 40 companies registered in Malaysia were set up to specifically receive the funds, before being re-directed to Suaram, a move to ensure the process was untraceable.
3. Azwanddin also claimed that until today, there was not any concrete answer given by both Suaram and Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) leaders to counter the allegation that both parties politically have been closely working together
4. Previously, portal The Choice had listed out a few prominent names who are believed to have links with Suaram, including PKR vice-president Tian Chua, PKR Selangor State Assemblywoman Elizabeth Wong, PKR member of parliament (MP) Sivarasa Rasiah, ex-DAP MP Dr Kua Kia Soong, and also ex-PKR’s Deputy President Dr Syed Husin Ali.
5. “This pattern – of stacking nominally independent entities with Pakatan Rakyat personnel while hiding their allegiance to maintain the façade of independence,” the portal said.
6. However Suaram’s director, Cynthia Fernandez, whose sister Irene Fernandez is PKR supreme council member, stressed that the human rights group is not closely-linked to PKR”
full article in :